HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I am told I have a leaking evaporating pan in a Lennox Model…

Customer Question
I am told I...

I am told I have a leaking evaporating pan in a Lennox Model #C16-46-1FF. Iwould like to find a replacement pan. Is this possible, or can I tape crack?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About 2 months. The person who came to look at it, cleaned out the tube that takes water outside and hasn't leaked since, but haven't used it much with the summertime air. Question my replacing whole system as suggested.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

No filters within the unit. All outside filters. How would thermostat's settings effect this?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, but beginning to doubt their prognosis.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Do you need Serial # or anything else to make your judgement?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/25/2017
HVAC Technician: Regan Land, HVAC Technician replied 11 months ago
Regan Land
Regan Land, HVAC Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you today. Unfortunately that coil is obsolete and parts are no longer available. Is your pan plastic or metal?