HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Help! I turned thermostat to heat, I can hear the motor

Hello- help! I turned...

Hello- help! I turned thermostat to heat, I can hear the motor running. Thermostat is set to auto. No fan, no heat.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes, I checked the therm settings. Changed to a new filter yesterday.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if I think I can do it. Probably not, unless it is an easy fix.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I'm cold, getting ready to winterize the house. LOL

9/25/2017
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What is the brand and model of your unit?

Honeywell NTC5 series
No live talk. Thank you

Honeywell doesn't make furnaces but NTC5 is an ICP (they have several brands) unit. So the small draft fan (connected to the exhaust)on the front runs but nothing else happens?

Hello?

The call prompt is automatic. I have no control over it. We can continue here but please be patient. It takes time to research your issue and type and answer

Thank you. Honeywell thermostat.

Ok, that tracks. I still need an answer to my question

I can hear "something" running". Am furnace illiterate, sorry. Yes, nothing else happens. No fan. No heat.

Ok, then troubleshooting this is apparently beyond your capabilities. You need to call a pro. If you don't have a regular service company then try a referral service like HomeAdviser.com or Angie's List.

I do have a furnace company. Scheduling a furnace clean next week. Was hoping for a quick fix - haha. Thank you for your time Rick.

You're welcome

Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor