HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have the 8463 thermostat linked with a Goodman air

Customer Question
I have the 8463...

I have the 8463 thermostat linked with a Goodman air conditioning unit. The system is not cooling and I'm not sure if it's a program issue or the outside unit is not cooling?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes, thermostat is set for 70% and the indoor temperature is staying constant at 80%

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can. Is there a way to troubleshoot the 8463 to determine if it's a program issue or compressor issue?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that's it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/24/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 10 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, I can guide you through that trouble shooting issue without any time limit.

It will go fastest however if you can give me a brand name to go with that thermostat model number, and tell me if this thermostat originally came with the unit and had been working earlier, or if it is a brand new replacement thermostat.

If you can attach close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the thermostat base plate showing its wire connections, and the printed circuit board mounted on the blower inside the furnace, that clearly shows the thermostat wire connections, I will mark those up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to attach these photo's

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally.. and with over 8,000 questions answered here since 2009, with a 98.5% satisfaction rating.

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.

.

Tell me a little about your technical background and instruments on hand so that I can coach you most effectively. We can go from here.