HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Bosch Tankless water heater model # GWH 2400 E Ng…

Customer Question
I have a Bosch...

I have a Bosch Tankless water heater model # GWH 2400 E Ng and some times I get an EC code and it stop ps heating the water I play around with the buttons and the code goes away. I want to find out if the unit is trying to tell me it has a problem. It has happened 3 times in the last couple of months.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Its about 19 years ols

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Sorry about that 10 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I haven't had not one other porblem withit.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/24/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 10 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

An EC code is flame failure druing operation. When was the last time the combustion chamber was cleaned?

Never

I'd suggest you call a plumber who services Bosch and have him clean and service the unit. If the heat exchanger has never been acid flushed that should be done as well.

I'm sorry but bu there is a glitch with your account. If you need to talk then contact customer service to clear it up(###) ###-#### OR we can continue here.

Well, My PayPal account was just debited $36.00 instead of the $24.00 that was advertised. So I will have to get in touch with organization you work for and find out what they are trying to do. provide the service that they charge people for.

I don't work for JustAnswer. I just use their platform just like you. When you rate you rate me not the site. If I've cleared this up for you I'd appreciate a favorable rating using the stars at the top of the page. I don't get credit unless you rate me favorably. If you still have more questions let me know.
Here is another link to customer service. They will sort this out for you
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help