HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My pilot light went out over the summer, how do I turn it…

Customer Question
My pilot light went...

My pilot light went out over the summer, how do I turn it back on?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It is a Heat&Glo fireplace; I suspect it has been out a month, but I am just trying to start it.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?

Heat&Glo Escape-130-F

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not sure how involved it is

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Cat it be turned back on with the remote?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/24/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 10 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, click here please tell me if this looks like the manual for your unit or not, if so, see page 20, reset button location and battery pack, make sure it has good batteries,

.

We can go from there without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed , after you rate this answer:

Select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally.. and with over 8,000 questions answered here since 2009, with a 98.5% satisfaction rating.

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.

.

Tell me a little about your technical background and instruments on hand so that I can coach you most effectively. We can go from here.

--------------