Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

We have a air ease ultra V ADVANTAGE 93 FURNACE. MAKING

We have a air ease ultra V ADVANTAGE 93 FURNACE. MAKING HUMMING NOISE AFTER IT TURNS WITH AIR
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
SHOULD WE TURN UNIT OFF UNTIL FIXED
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Is anyone working on my question??? Still waiting for response

Hello, we are swamped today for some reason, I am on your question now however,

click here please, if this is not the manual for your furnace, I need the full model number that is on the btu rating tab inside the burner compartment of the furnace to look it up.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally.. and with over 8,000 questions answered here since 2009, with a 98.5% satisfaction rating.

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.

.

Tell me a little about your technical background and instruments on hand so that I can coach you most effectively. We can go from here.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
G1D93AUO90D 16C-1

click here please, that furnace is not listed under any category on the Air Ease site. Can you tell me about how old the furnace is, and can you take a close up, exceedingly well focused photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of its blower access door using the 'add files' link next to your send button, we can go from there

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Photo added

Thanks, ***** ***** off to the furnace, then reach inside the blower compartment, way back until you can feel the blower wheel, spin that by hand and tell me if it makes the same sort of noise or not,

click here for blower pictures

If not, then locate the inducer fan blower, with a 3 inch diameter black blower motor on it, located in the same compartment as the gas valve, then start the furnace and listen to the inducer fan to see if thats the source of the noise or not, you can also use a Mechanics Stethoscope to listen to the motor. $25 or so at an auto parts store.

We can go from there

I am off to bed shortly, if I miss your response tonight I will pick it up first thing in the morning.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I will do that tomorrow seeing it is getting late already tonight. Can you give me an idea how much this might cost to repair if this is problem

If the problem is an inducer fan going bad, you can buy a new fan and blower assembly for a bit under $200 in most cases, if a person searches a lot it is sometimes possible to buy just the motor for $50 or so.

Similarly with the mail blower, but those motors are more replaceable just by themselves and cost $125 or so in most cases.

.

I will be back in the morning

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Thank you for your time and help
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Thanks for all your help we had a repair man here today. It is the lower unit motor.

Hello again, to close the question locate the 'finish and rate your expert' link near the top of your page and click on it. Thanks