HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My pilot light is on in my gas fireplace but I have to use a…

My pilot light is...

My pilot light is on in my gas fireplace but I have to use a match to get the burner to light.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?

Freestanding Napoleon.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Would like to.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I bought it used.

9/24/2017
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Often when that happens the pilot assembly is just a little dirty. You should take it out and clean that all out then try it. Let me know if it starts to work.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Not the whole burner is staying lit. Could that be plugged? How can I clean it out?

Yes it is likely just blocked. You have to remove the logs to get at it.

CLICK HERE VIDEO

I have to allow it to cool down. Thank you for help.

Ok no problem!

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH