HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a Carrier 48SX-048120331AA with a Electro ic Air. I

I have a Carrier 48SX-048120331AA...
I have a Carrier 48SX-048120331AA with a Bryant Electro ic Air
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: I am trying to find replacement filters for the Bryant Electronic Air Cleaner that is part of this unit.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: The filter seems easy enough to replace.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/24/2017
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, I need the model number of just the air cleaner module itself. I will park a source for new high tension wires here in the meantime

.

We can go from there

This unit is old, I can only guess at the Model: 0I 02 and nothing beyond that.
Serial # 13?140020?

If its that old you might be better off with a new one, look this one over, contact the seller for dimensions there is a good chance it will fit what you have... these normally sell for $750 plus new.... click here please

Thank you I will consider that but right now i just need to find some filter material. I appreciate your assistance.

The pre filter has its size in inches printed along its edge, and you can then measure its thickness... thats all I need to get you a new pre filter

If you can take a photo of the material I might be able to find just the media for it, attach the photo here using the 'add files' link next to your send button

You should also know that an electronic air filter over 5 years old generally needs new high tension wires, at at 27 it is completely obsolete any repairs to the electronic section will be a complete waste for you.

I am tell you this based on my 56 years in this business.

The overall size of the pre-filter and filters is 19 1/2 wide by 24 1/2 high.

click here please. $84 for 6 pleated filters, more efficient than that prefilter you have,

click here for a link to the site, then just fill in the size box as I have, this assumes your filter is 1 inch thick.

.

Its time to select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it. Thats how the company pays me, in exchange I will hold the question open for any follow up that you might require

Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Thank you very much. I appreciate all of your wisdom and expertise.
Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer