HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Lennox Innovator Series furnace Model Number

Customer Question
I have a Lennox...

I have a Lennox Innovator Series furnace Model Number G3203-75-2. It doesn't fire up when the thermostat requests heat. I can hear the blower running, but the burners apparently aren't firing up. I put a new filter in thinking it wasn't getting enough air. Didn't make any difference. What needs to be done? Or checked?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Thermostat is set at 72 degrees and the temperature is 70 degrees and I did put in a new filter.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on what needs to be done. I thought about changing the thermostat setting to see if that would make a difference.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Would a clogged outside airvent cause this problem?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/24/2017
HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 10 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

W​hen you lower the thermostat temperature and hear the blower coming on, your thermostat is trying to communicate with the heater, so the thermostat sounds like it is working. I suspect the problem is inside the heater with either the electronic ignition or control board. Here is a link to a detailed service manual for reference.

http://www.cozyparts.com/Lennox-Parts/forum/Lennox_service_manual/Furnaces/G32V_02-01-2004.pdf

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as trying to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question.

All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information that you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way of communicating, since either of us may have some additional information or questions that may be necessary in resolving the problem you are experiencing, also uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice, and recommendations.

However, if you feel I have not been very helpful or the answer I provided was not what you were expecting, then please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POORLY (1 or 2 stars), it is best for both of us if you just ask me again to continue looking for more information or another possible solution. If I am unable to provide a better response, I can OPT OUT of your question, which will open it up for another expert that might be able to provide more assistance on this issue. Keep in mind that once I have been rated, it does not end our conversation. You can always come back later and ask me a follow up question, if you believe it has relevance on this issue. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that there is only do so much I can do from my computer and I may not be able to help you resolve or fix this problem, especially if it becomes apparent that a qualified service provider should be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and has the required tools to make the necessary repairs.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?

If the outside air vent is clogged it should be cleaned out to prevent internal damage or pre-mature/delayed gas firing. Please note this is a sophisticated and complex system that should be diagnosed by a qualified and authorized service provider.