HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a boiler fired hot water heater, with Honeywell

I have a boiler...

I have a boiler fired hot water heater, with Honeywell V8043F1051 zone controls. The zone control for the hot water heater seems to be the problem. There is no resistance when I move the manual lever; but when I remove the entire unit, there is resistance, and I can see the female socket pivoting, not a big arc by the way. Put it all back together and ....no hot water.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

How do I check the thermostat? and where is it?? The zones for heat respond, boiler starts, room gets warm, its just the hot water side...

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't think so

9/23/2017
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, is there 24 voltAC power to the valve in question, does it open and close when you apply 24vac power to it?

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to attach a few photo's of the zone control panel with its cover off so I can see the wiring and a photo of the valve in question, We can go from there

Sorry, can't really do the picture routine right now. However, on the top of the TACO box all three lights (red/yellow/green) are lit for the right zone....
You can call(###) ###-####
Never mind...the motor is shot. I ordered a replacement.

Good work!

Its time to select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it. That is the only way the company pays me for my time, in exchange I will hold the question open to you for any follow up needed,

Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer