HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Carrier Comfort 92 installed 2006. Ac unit won't…

Customer Question
I have a Carrier...

I have a Carrier Comfort 92 installed 2006. Ac unit won't come on, but also when I turn thermostat up and swithched to heat mode furnace also will not come on. Upon removal of the door there appears to be a code 24. Not sure where secondary fuse is?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Just changed filter snd thermostat is set at 80 and temp is currently 73 so heat should be coming on I would think.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I used a multimeter on contactor on outside unit and if I push in on contactor unit starts up. However, blower in house won't kick on. Not sure exactly where to start.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/23/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 8 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello. so far it sounds like a bad printed circuit board...we can do a few tests however.

If you are able to remove the top part of the thermostat from its wall mounted sub base, and if you see the following wire terminals there, R, W, Y, G and maybe a few others... tell me what you find,

If you have the wiring I think you have I will ask you fit a jumper made from a paper clip between R and G terminals and tell me if blower runs,

Then fit the jumper between R and W terminals and tell me if anything tries to start inside the furnace.

We can go from there.

.

Labeled w,rh,b,rc top row bottom row g, o,y

Hello, that thermostat you have is rated for heat pump applications, I need to confirm if you have a heat pump outside the house or not, if it is a heat pump it will run in the summer for cooling and in the winter for heating. If that is the case with your system, then trouble shooting will be complex, a few hours or more.

.

I need a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access panel, it must be exceedingly well focused and a photo of the printed circuit board in the same area so I can see the thermostat wire connections.

attach them here using the 'add files' link next to your send button

We can go from there

No heat pump. Propane furnace with an outside a/c unit. In New York. Photo to follow soin.

Thanks, ***** ***** be here

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer