HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a tankless hot water system and suddenly it has

Customer Question
I have a tankless...

I have a tankless hot water system and suddenly it has started to dump hot water on the ground.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

A week or so. so far, I have been going down and turning the unit off and then on again and that stops it till the next day

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not really, what work is involved?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The unit is about 7 years old

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/23/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 10 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Tankless units have a pressure only relief valve so you have xcessive pressure causing the valve to discharge. An expansion tank would is one solution. You also need to check the cold water pressure. Has the unit been acid flushed recently?

it has not been flushed. who can do that for us? I read about it and it seems like more work than I want to do on my own. I have tried contacting the plumber that put it in and no response.

Any local plumber with an acid pump can do it. At the same time he can check the other issues I mentioned.

OK, thanks

You're welcome