HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Blower running, air conditioner running and delivering cold…

Customer Question
Blower running, air...

Blower running, air conditioner running and delivering cold air. But very little air coming through vents so temp keeps climbing. Usually air is pretty strong at most vents

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Filters essentially new. Thermostat at 73 and air keeps running and blower is running

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have call in but no call back yet. I know a couple of years ago damper stuck, motor problem just wondering if damper door could be closed and will not open and if it can be opened manually til I get a tech here

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just everything is running fine but no air being blown through vents. Worked just fine til last night

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/23/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 11 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, so far it sounds like the cooling coil is ice and the ice is blocking the air flow. IF... that is the case one of the copper tubes attached to the outside unit will have frost or ice on it, check that first, we can go from there.

.