HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I replace my A/C condenser unit and Furnace within a year of…

Customer Question
I replace my A/C...

I replace my A/C condenser unit and Furnace within a year of each other. The A/C unit is a TRANE model#18-AC89D1-2, and the Furnace is a BRYANT model # 315AAV/JAV. We are selling our home and have had no issues, but the home inspector says the indoor system is incompatible with the outdoor system, and is causing an issue with SEER eye. What does that mean and how do I fix it?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Just change them.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not sure what needs to be done?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The filter's were changed the morning of the inspection. We have had no issues with the AC or Furnace they are only 2 years old

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/23/2017
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 10 months ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

I think the "inspector" needs to comment a bit more for you.

I see no problem at all with this combination.

The SEER is rated on potential. Lets say the outdoor unit is capable of 16 seer.....and we put it in with a furnace and coil capable of 13 seer....the result is aprox 14 seer.

The minimum standard is 13 seer that can be purchased.

As far as operation I see nothing as to why that comment would be made. But then again I see inspectors say all kinds of things about wiring, plumbing and hvac....BUT are not licensed contractors in any of those fields.

I would not directly refute the finding, but instead ask...what is the direct issue? Then return here for follow up.

I have 25 years in the field, Trane dealer, have been Bryant dealer and licensed state mechanical contractor and never have heard this one....

Billy