HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I bought a house in 2014 with an Intertherm furnace. No

Customer Question
I bought a house...

I bought a house in 2014 with an Intertherm furnace. No owners manual available. Don't see any sort of filter to change. Is there a manual online?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

I don't even SEE a filter. The only thing it has is where the main part of the furnace is there is a floppy piece of foamlike stuff against the "door" of it.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If at all possible. The thing works just fine, but since winter is coming (literally), want to make sure no problems.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Well, I typed in the model number and got this website. Pretty sure there has to be a filter. The thermostat has a filter icon on it and I'm uncertain if it means that the filter needs to be changed, wherever it is.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/23/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

The filter icon is only a reminder it doesn't affect system operation. On most units the filter is inside the blower compartment.

Okay, so changing it is not something I can do myself... I need an HVAC expert?

Changing it is easy if you have a typical up flow unit. You just remove the panel to the blower compartment which usually lifts up a bit then out. Give me a pic of your furnace if you have trouble
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

I can open it, but don't see anything that remotely looks like a filter. The panel has a thin foam-like thing on it. This place was built around 1999-2000 and I don't think the folks I bought it from replaced anything. I'll try to get a picture of it for you.

Click on the link in my last post for instrcutions on uploading a pic here

Haven't taken a picture yet. Will try to get it to you today.
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago

Ok

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer