HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We have a buderus gb142 combi boiler giving error code 6L.

Customer Question
It tries to light but...
we have a buderus gb142 combi boiler giving error code 6L. It tries to light but is not successful. If we cover combustion air 50%( approx) it coughs and spurt and eventually lights but out of condensate drain we are seeing small amount of smoke. It runs until it reaches set point and then won't relight automatically. Any tips or input?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/23/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 10 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, the average life of those boilers is in the 10 year range, few last longer than 15 years, with your eroded away fin problem its time to replace that boiler.

c

To address the firing issue, inspect the exhaust fan (blower wheel) it may be falling apart as well, that will cause this problem.

Click here for the service manual. see paged 86 and 87 tell me if any of those error codes are showing up, 6L code is not shown however... it could be a code that just looks like a 6 or some such.

.

We can go from there without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed , after you rate this answer:

Select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.

.

Tell me a little about your technical background and instruments on hand so that I can coach you most effectively. We can go from here.