HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I just moved into a house that has a wi fi thermostat, (It's…

Customer Question
I just moved into...

I just moved into a house that has a wi fi thermostat, (It's round, model numberTH8732WF) I downloaded the lyric app to my android phone but cannot get it to work with the thermostat. It will not let me change the settings to my email address and password

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

The problem seems to be that I cannot enter my email address. The asp says it does not recognize it

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I believe the person who previously owned the house programed in her email and password ***** have no access to

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 3 days by:
9/26/2017
HVAC Technician: Michael Ferryman,
 replied 10 months ago
Michael Ferryman

For this thermostat you will need to do a factory reset on it. This will wipe out all of the previous owners settings and you will have to go the the setup process as it was a new thermostat.

HVAC Technician: Michael Ferryman,
 replied 10 months ago

were you able to get your issue resolved?

HVAC Technician: Michael Ferryman,
 replied 10 months ago
Do you still need assistance with this? If not can you give me a 5 star rating. Would really help me out. Thanks so much.