Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

Our Nordyne furnace was not producing hot air. My husband

Our Nordyne furnace was not producing hot air. My husband has replaced the ignitor, and there is a red light blinking and there is no hot air. What should he do?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: He says the thermostat and the filters are OK.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: He does. Already replaced the ignitor. He has done that before.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: He says the glow plug isn't coming on.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What's the model number of your unit? how many times does the red ligth blink before it pauses and repeats?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Model: MMHB-0701BHR-01. Two times.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
No.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Are you there?

Not sure what the no is referrinf to. If it's regarding the call prompt, it's automatic I have no control over it. We can continue here.
A 2 flash is an open draft pressure switch.

Please be patient. I'm not a machine. It takes a while to type and research your issue.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Wrong model number. Correct one is MMHB-070ABHR-01, sorry.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
He just read your answer and is trying to make sure the draft pressure switch is not open. Please give me a moment, now, please!You're right--the "no" was that I don't want to do the phone call. Sorry.He's working on it again.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I don't think he knows what a draft pressure switch is.

It seems your model has a centrifigal switch. Is the burner motor running?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
it was, but he's got it turned off again, trying something else. He said the fan was coming on before the burner motor was.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
He said the glow plug won't come on.

If the burner motor runs but the burner doesn't ignite and you get the 2 flash red light then the centrifigal switch has probably failed and needs to be replaced. Glow plug won't work with a bad switch.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Please help me to understand what the centrifigal switch is so I can buy a new one.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Or perhaps you can give me the part number?

It's in the burner attached to the motor. As the motor turns the switch contacts get thrown to the outside rim of the switch where they close the circuit proving the motor is running. Switch is in the motor. Motor part number is ***** listed in the parts list. Contact this online vendor for the part. They'll want model and serial number

http://bestbuyheatingandairconditioning.com/index.htm

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
OK. He's reading your answer now.

ok

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I think he's about ready to get an expert to come over and fix it. He's pretty handy and usually can get things figured out and fixed, but this problem has him stumped. Give me a little more time, please.

Ok, since I diagnosed your problem I'd appreciate a favorable rating. The thread won't go away and I'll answer related follow up questions even after you rate me favorably.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
OK. We are going to call a serviceman to come in. Thanks.

You're welcome