HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a portable air comditioner and i get an E1 message. I…

Customer Question
I have a portable...

I have a portable air comditioner and i get an E1 message

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I did filter is a little dirty. But it does not turn on

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not really but i will try

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Its a cpuple of years only and the warrenty expired

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/22/2017
HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 9 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

What make and model of A/C?

The E1 code can mean different things depending on the make and model.

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. From the information you’ve provided, I will try to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question. All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from what you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way to communicate, since either of us may have additional information or questions, that may be necessary in resolving the problem your experiencing, and uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice and recommendations. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that I may not be able to resolve this problem, especially if it becomes necessary for a qualified service provider to be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, or troubleshooting.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?

Haier hpy08xcm

Ok let me look into it, stand by...

Haier air conditioners have a built-in control panel on the front of the device that features a small LCD screen to display settings, timers and the temperature. The display is also used to showcase error codes, including the E1 error code. This code could occur for many reasons and often requires no extra parts or repairs.

When you try to power on the Haier air conditioner, the model will beep and the error code E1 will flash momentarily and then appear on the screen. Unplugging the unit for 30 seconds and plugging it back in will reset the error code. If the code appears again, it is legit. The range of error codes goes from E1 to E9. Confusing E1 with E7 is common, so carefully read the code.

The E1 error code could mean multiple things. The most common fault with the air conditioner is a stuck button on the access panel. Gently push each button in and out to ensure none of them are stuck, or it could be that the panel may have malfunctioned due to moisture. See that the air conditioner is properly installed, and then leave it off for a few hours so the moisture can dry up.

If the two other solutions do not help clear the error, there may be a problem with your indoor temperature sensor. Get your manual and original receipt, and call the Haier Company at 1-***-***-**** to give them your information. If your temperature sensor needs replacement, the company will most likely just replace your whole air conditioner under the warranty guarantee if applicable.

If the panel remains inoperable to control the buttons, you can just use the air conditioner remote to operate the air conditioner. The unit will still read the remote settings and allow you to operate it without a new panel or temperature sensor. The error code will still appear, but the air conditioner will function normally.

I​f the above doesn't resolve the problem let me know and I will see if I can locate another solution.

It does not work at all. Who do i call do gey my money nack
I unplugged and reset it many times befpre. I used this service
Remote doesnot eorl either

I​f none of the above options correct the E1 code and you have the correct voltage for the electricity, meaning no tripped breakers, then the problem is internal on this air conditioner and you will need to call Haier to find an authorized repair center or if under warranty to get a replacement unit.

The E1 code is the major error code on almost every portable a/c with a few exceptions.