HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

To: anyone who knows about these things: this might be

Customer Question
To: ***** ***** knows about...
To: ***** ***** knows about these things:
this might be something different. I have a Rain Bird RC-7Bi irrigation unit that I have used for many years without any problem now that it isn’t working properly I need some help. The unit runs fine when I roll to section 1 ( or for that matter ) any other section. I have all the necessary buttons in as per the AM times I want it to start up. I am going in the correct sequence and ending at the rest station which is what it should do. I can’t figure out how to set the hour dial. Do I put it in or near the current time or do I put it in the time I want it to start. The hour dial (clock is working) now. Last put it on at 1:00 to see if it is working and it is. I put the clock an hour ahead to see if it would work and it is, so what can I possibly be doing wrong. All stations work when done manually but yesterday I set it for Friday and it did not work. Anyone know. I hate to spend 80.00 for something that is probably simple. When it hits one of my start buttons will it start. I can’t do it now because I watered the grass earlier but the buttons read Saturday and Wednesday. If it wasn’t working I would blame the fuse but since it is working I don’t believe it could be the fuse.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/22/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Click on the link below for the manual for this unit.

http://www.rainbird.com/documents/turf/man_RC.pdf

I have the original Instruction Manual which is basically the same as I read through it again via your link. cannot say i saw anything else that i haven't read several times

Did it work before with the current settings?

but I haven't put it on automatic for about 7 days based on this florida weather

I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

Since you can't find someone perhaps a (slow step by step instruction might help) OR GIVE ME SOMEONE ELSE. I set it last night to see if it would work this morning and even checked the fuse. The fuse is good. I reset it for sunday morning to see if it would work.
can you transfer someone else who can actually go through this and knows the RC 7Bi
controller
Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer