HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My cleaning lady sprayed the smart thermostat and now it…

My cleaning lady sprayed...

My cleaning lady sprayed the smart thermostat and now it will not turn off, or on. The light is on too

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I think it is specific to the thermostat

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I suspect something shorted out when the cleaner might have gone behind the glass, so I doubt it is very complicated.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am wondering if I can do something to reset it. It does not respond to anything when I touch the screen. It is set at 23 C and showing 25 and the system is running

9/22/2017
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

If thermostat got cleaner inside, you will most likely need to have your cleaning lady pay for a new thermostat.What is the model on the thermostat

All I wanted to know is if there was a quick fix or if the thermostat needed replacing. I can't believe I am being charged so much for that answer. Thanks but I can take it form here.

The short answer is that most likely you will have to replace thermostat.If you can provide model on thermostat,I can take a look and see if there are any steps you might take to reset.

you want another $32.00 to tell me on the phone that I need to buy a new thermostat?

The phone call offer is auto generated by the website.You do not have to accept the offer. Do you want to get the model on thermostat and let's see if there are any steps we can try or do you want to just go ahead an replace the thermostat?

Thank you for your time, I shall take care of it locally.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.

Leaving a poor service rating will not automatically refund your money,but reflects poorly on your expert. You have to request a refund if not satisfied with the information provided being accurate.

airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
airheatman
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician