HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My Honeywell Chronoterm IV has stopped working. The screen…

Customer Question
Hi, my Honeywell Chronoterm...

Hi, my Honeywell Chronoterm IV has stopped working. The screen is off. I don't know how to fix it, or how to change batteries if that's the issue.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It's been a couple weeks.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends on how complicated it is. I took off the monitor to try to change batteries but I dont see anything to that effect.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I thought it would be compatible with AA alkaline batteries but I don't see anything to change it.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/22/2017
HVAC Technician: Regan Land, HVAC Technician replied 11 months ago
Regan Land
Regan Land, HVAC Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you today. Unfortunately the Chronotherm IV doesn't have batteries, so that means either we have a bad thermostat or the thermostat isn't receiving power from the indoor unit. Is the indoor unit accessible? If so, let's start by looking at it and seeing if there's any water anywhere that may have caused a float switch to trip. If no water is present and you feel comfortable, you can open the access panel and look in the electrical compartment for a small car type fuse (typically 3 or 5 amp) on the control board.

Hello, just checking in - did you get a chance to check the things above?