HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

What is a symptom of an Aquastat not sensing water level?

Customer Question
What is a symptom...

What is a symptom of an Aquastat not sensing water level? Could the switch be bad?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Never had any trouble. Had furnace cleaned and tech said could not get electricity to run the boiler again, because Aquastat was bad. Boiler i=was installed in 2014 and had never had trouble starting before this.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

My question is -did the Tech damage something? There have been no problems since the boiler was installed in 2014.

Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/22/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 12 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Aquastats sense water temp not water level (with the exception of new aquastat/relays with built in low water sensing). Possible but unlikely to have a bad 3 year old aquastat. Cleaning the boiler shouldn't damage the aquastat but if the tech had to remove it to get the jacket off to clean it then reinserted the aquastat bulb incorrectly that could keep it from firing.