HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a rheem thermosat and it been nearly 80 in her all…

Customer Question
I have a rheem...

I have a rheem thermosat and it been nearly 80 in her all day. Been blowing warmer air thru vents. Thermostat set at 65 but its been 78 to 80 all day. Its in high 80s outside . Thermo stat says program + 2 what is that how can

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I change the inside filter today is there something I can do with the outside unit

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'm not sure how hard is it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can it fix itself is it just because it's so hot outside does the outside unit have to be cleaned as well

Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: HVAC
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/22/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 12 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, if its been over 95F outside today and your outside unit has not had is condenser cleaned in a few years, cleaning that will be a crucial step one, CLICK HERE PLEASE FOR A VIDEO

next step will be locate the high pressure safety cut out switch mounted inside the unit, on the 3/8" copper tube and press the red button on it.

If that fails, get back to me, I have more instructions for you.

.

We can go from there without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed , after you rate this answer:

Select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.