HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Can i use a Bosch Tech 3000 US12 to heat water from a water…

Customer Question
Can i use a...

Can i use a Bosch Tech 3000 US12 to heat water from a water heat to 170 degrees F

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

No it is a hypothetical question, the thermostats raise the resting temp of the water or provide a limit to the heat?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Absolutely, I'm a beer brewer looking for a quicker more efficent way to get to mash temp

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Water coming out of my gas hot water (50) gal tank is 140 F, I want to take it to 167 or 168 F

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/22/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 11 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, for liability reasons (scalding potential) this water heater cannot be to 170F....140F is the usual maximum, there are electric point of use water heaters made to boost the temperature to 170F and higher for restaurant dish washer applications, click here please, tell me if this is the water heater you have or not

click here for 180F booster water heater

Depending on your operation you might be able use something like this suspended in an agitated brew tank, and controlled buy a separate thermostat that you can adjust to any temperature below boiling

Click here

.

We can go from there without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed , after you rate this answer:

Select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.

.

Tell me a little about your technical background and instruments on hand so that I can coach you most effectively. We can go from here.