HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We have a Ruud furnace that is continually making a clicking…

Customer Question
We have a Ruud...

We have a Ruud furnace that is continually making a clicking noise as if the igniter is trying to relight the pilot light. The continuous clicking noise is irritating, is that how it is supposed to be?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Furnace filters was just changed, is there another somewhere that needs washing out?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well I have had two plumbers over already and both have said it appears to be normal for the clicking noise to happen

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The home is a duplex and the other side has the same sorry, furnace but no noise

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/21/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 9 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What's the model number of your furnace?

I can't see an actual model number just the name Silhouette
I am not at the house right now but can be there in about 5 minites

That's the series. I can't be specific without a model number. That said a constant clicking noise is not normal. I'd suggest you call an HVAC company instead of a plumber. They would be more familiar with a furnace. Plumbers generally only service boilers.

Ok I will see if I can find someone locally

That's your best bet