HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have an older Rheem tank type water heater, serial number…

I have an older...

I have an older Rheem tank type water heater, serial number(###) ###-#### model number 22-50-1. I need to know the BTU load of this unit. It looks like it is 40,000 Input BTUH. Is that correct?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

The serial number is(###) ###-####instead of what I gave you. The model number is ***** I only need to know the BTU load of the unit for my gas company. The label on the outside of the water heater indicated Input BTUH 40,000.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

This for the purpose of the natural gas company determining the meter I need to support a Generac system. I do not plan on doing the work myself.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

At this point this is what I have and the gas company is looking only for the BTU load of this Rheem tank type water heater.

9/21/2017
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation.

If th elabel says it's 40,000 btu input then the load for the water heater is 40,000 btu's

It turns out 40,000 BTU's is the right number and I just needed your confirmation which you gave me. Thank you.

You're welcome

Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor