HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Have a Carrier FB4CNF042 electric furnace, the blower will…

Customer Question
Have a Carrier FB4CNF042...

Have a Carrier FB4CNF042 electric furnace, the blower will run but the elements will not heat up. The blower motor is a Genteq.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes, the blower motor has a blue and a white wire that when jumpered together the element relays will pick up, but the blower will then shut off several seconds later.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The elements and the relays were replaced as a unit.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/21/2017
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here. You have violet,blue and white wire coming from fan board, They should be connected to the white wire from thermostat. That give all stages of heat. Try that and let me know. Very basic heating system. Russ

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer