HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Have had the Soleus dehumidifier about 5 yrs. running all…

Customer Question
Have had the Soleus...

Have had the Soleus dehumidifier about 5 yrs. running all summer and doing fine, does not seem to bring the water into the unit now. still runs but not taking care of the humidity. filter is clean

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Filter is clean. thermostat setting bounces around but usually reads about 70

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on what needs to be done

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/21/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 11 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

When that happens the unit is out of freon, these units are considered disposable now and no parts are sold for them to repair. I am sorry for the bad news I would just start looking for a new unit. They only seem to last about 5 years now due to the cheap construction.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

not real happy about having to pay for this information, not your fault i understand, but i think this is terrible to charge people for just trying to get an answer
i guess there isn't much to say since it can't be fixed

Yes I am really sorry all dehumidifiers are like this now they are all just throw away units, I am sorry for the news. PLease do not kill the messenger I am just a appliance expert that repairs appliances for a living.

i understand-not your rules. thanks for your response

You can ask for a refund, they will give you one.

Thank you didn't want to sound like I was blaming you