HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

E24 error message, was working earlier. I did shut off power…

E24 error message...

E24 error message , was working earlier. I did shut off power to hvac unit but when I turned it back on I got the error message.

Contractor's Assistant: Are you an HVAC professional?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes,

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I cant think of anything.

9/20/2017
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation. What's the brand and model of your unit?

Amana Comander 80

I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

ok Lets try to solve the problem on line
The thermostat is a Nest which is giving me the error message e24.
Regan Land
Regan Land, HVAC Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you today. The e24 error means the Nest isn't receiving 24v to the Rh wire. Can you do me a favor and pull the face off the thermostat and let me know what color wires you have going to each terminal on the nest?

Sorry, I see you requested a call. I'll call you in just a couple of minutes.

Regan Land
Regan Land, HVAC Technician
Phone call session started