HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Converting a honeywell ct70a (with 7 wires) to a t5

Customer Question
thermostat. I believe I've wired...
Converting a honeywell ct70a (with 7 wires) to a t5 thermostat. I believe I've wired correctly but system won't turn on.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/20/2017
HVAC Technician: Iohn Keffer, HVAC Technician replied 11 months ago
Iohn Keffer
Iohn Keffer, HVAC Technician

Hi my name is***** will need from you the name and model # of your unit so I can assist you to the best of my ability. does it have the 24 volts ac?

Converting a honeywell ct70a to a honeywell lyric t5.

Do you have voltage at 24v pin, did you turn thei circuit breaker back on?

The thermostat would come on (no batteries needed) but the compressor wouldn't kick on. When it did after waiting for about 20 minutes the air was warm. It was switched out for the original with wiring as in photo above and the compressor and cool air came out within 10 minutes. I'm not sure but o think I miswired the new one just not sure how.

What I see in the picture is a jumper between y1 a/c and w1 heat. That is not good. remove the jumper and add the white to w1 the wire looks like it is hanging in space the picture.

That picture is the old picture (older thermostat) and the only way the ac works is in that picture. The new thermostat had no jumpers but wouldn't work.
the white one was in w2, the picture was taken after that was disconnected.

Do you have the manual on page 12 is shows wiring and it says what buttons? to pushup maybe a photo of the new wired stat. It would e helpful

Before you go. Rating gives feed back and credit to my account for assisting you. Thanks.

Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

thank you in advance