HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I bought a second hand kingsman stove and it will not burn,

Customer Question
I bought a second...

I bought a second hand kingsman wood stove and it will not burn

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just today ,i just put sove pipe up

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

I just lit the stove for the first time today

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I put a stove pipe reducer on the stovepipe from 7 inch to 6

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/20/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 10 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, so far it sounds like the combustion air damper is not open, or if it is open, that some fire brick inside the stove has shifted, and is blocking the combustion air opening.

Look that over, we can go from there as needed until we get the stove working