HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We have had a wonderful small Edenpure space heater but it…

Customer Question
Hi--we have had a...

Hi--we have had a wonderful small Edenpure space heater but it seems to not be working as well--just one side heats so an element may be burned out. It's very dusty inside too even though I've kept the screen cleaned regularly. The serial # is PH00455229. Wondered if there's a place here in Great Falls, MT we can take it for reconditioning or will we need to send it to Edenpure for repairs?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

As I said the only filter is on back and I take it off and clean it regularly. The only thermostat settings are on the front and it doesn't matter how high I put it, only one element seems to work. It's been used heavily for 6 years.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

We didn't think we could. Guess we'd feel better to have someone experienced do the work.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that's it. Wondering if it is fixable, if we ship it how long it would take to fix it?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/20/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 11 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, unless you are quite handy and can take it apart and fix it yourself with my coaching you will need to send to edenpures closest repair station.

Click here for repair locations in your area, call them first though

.

We can go from there without a time limit after you rate this answer:

Select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.

.

Tell me a little about your technical background and instruments on hand so that I can coach you most effectively. We can go from here.