HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I've an Enviro pellet stove and towards the end of last year…

Customer Question
I've an Enviro...

I've an Enviro pellet stove and towards the end of last year the draft on it wasn't working as well as it should and it was burning to slow and not as clean as it has not matter how much I adjusted it. I clean it every 3 days during the winter, is there something I'm missing cleaning

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Since the end of last winter before it was fine

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I was going to try

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/20/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 12 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Have you been cleaning the exhaust blower fan wheel and the spark arrestor plate? Have you been cleaning the combustion air intake under the burn pot area?

I need the full model number of the stove to pull the manual on it for you, I can be more specific at that time

It's the Enviro EF -2 pellet stove
have not cleaned the spark arrestor plate or exhaust blower fan wheel. have cleaned the combustion air intake

Thanks, ***** ***** entire exhaust blower assembly... clean inside, clean the exhaust blower wheel, look for the spark arrestor plate and clean that.

I am still trying to find the manual on that stove, meantime you should be able to locate the exhaust blower , remove and clean that area.

Let me know how that goes.