HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Carrier aqua snap chiller, Model # 30RBA13064

I have a Carrier...

I have a Carrier aqua snap chiller

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Model # 30RBA13064 Serial 1908Q86121

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

The control board is saying Flow Sensor

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Couple weeks have to reset

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Ive checkek that it has the 24 volt and it is stepping down to 12v

I'm doing work myself
Its a intermittent problem
9/20/2017
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, locate, remove and clean the flow sensor...while you are at it get the part number or brand and model number of the flow sensor so that I can pull the manual on it,

The problem could be in the flow sensor itself, or the printed circuit board it sends its signal to, or in the pumped water loop, for instance a clogged strainer, or a design bug where some of the zones if it has any, are cycled off and there is not enough open flow to operate the sensor. (improperly designed or adjusted bypass loop)

Carrier has used various brands and types of sensors over the years.

Take a close up, exceedingly well focused photo of the carrier units wiring diagram and attach it here using the 'add files' link next to your send button.

We can go from there.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.

.

Phil is there a way to test the flow sensor with a meter and what will it read Part# *****
the chiller will not run any longer it keeps going into code P14 we do not have a interlock failure problem we have a jumper

Click here for the manual

See pages 53 to 58

Tell me if you have any trouble locating the right data on that particular thermistor

Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, I see a note that you refunded? was there a problem with my answer? Let me know please.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer