HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

The company I work for has purchased a RPKK-4.0FSNSM3 head…

Customer Question
Hello Pearl. The company...

Hello Pearl. The company I work for has purchased a RPKK-4.0FSNSM3 head only for R&D purposes.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

We will not be using a wall controller of any type, wireless or wired. The unit if passes our test will be installed in a shipping container portable laboratory. when power is applied to the container we require the RPK head to start on high speed and continue to run until power is turned off to the container. The issue we have we cannot make the fan start. is it possible to link some terminals to achieve our outcome. We have purchased a wireless controller for our R&D, we can start the fan but once power is removed for more than 10sec it does not restart

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It is a brand new head never been installed

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No that is all

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/20/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 11 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello I need a brand name and product description to go along with that model number in order to pull the manual on it.

.

We can go from there

Phil
It is a Hitachi RPK-4.0FSNSM3
Just as a reminder we have not purchased the matching Hitachi Outdoor Unit
The Outdoor unit is custom made to suit installation in a hazardous environment
No thank-you Phil

Hello, those are not switched controls that you can jumper those are compurized with dodes responding to a variable mili amp signa.

There are other ways of doing this but not with a mini split