HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a rheem criterion II mounted horizontaly in my attic.

Customer Question
I have a rheem...

I have a rheem criterion II mounted horizontaly in my attic. My water pan is full of water, with the ac running I see water coming out of the side of the sheet metal where two pvc drain lines are located.. Do you think there is clog anywhere?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

I think very recent. It was very hot the last two weeks and the ac saw a lot of use. Also I just changed out my thermostat.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to try and fix my self if it seems reasonable

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The water appeared to leak down the drain line outside the botton drain pan and leak onto my drywall on the ceiling

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/20/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 11 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, yes indeed your condensate pan under the coil inside that box thats leaking is clogged.

Removing that large 20" square panel will expose the cooling coil and that clogged drain under it.

.

We can go from there without a time limit after you rate this answer:

Select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.

.

Tell me a little about your technical background and instruments on hand so that I can coach you most effectively. We can go from here.