HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My furnace was replaced in 2014 and the furnace installer…

Customer Question
My furnace was replaced...

My furnace was replaced in 2014 and the furnace installer also put in a new Honeywell thermostat without charge. I assume it is the least expensive thermostat Honeywell makes. No identity code is on outside of white, plastic cover.. All this device does is record house temp. and alows me to set desired temp. All digital. The 'replace battery' symbol is now blinking. How do I get to the battery. The 4 1/2 x 3 1/4 cover doesn't seem to want to come off, and I fear I could break the thermostat pushing it to the limits. Help

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I just need to access the battery.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just how to get the battery exposed without breaking the digital thermostat cover.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 11 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

I need a picture of your thermostat.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl