HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have an older Osburn Mandalay Bay gas fire insert, Regency…

Customer Question
I have an older...

I have an older Osburn Mandalay Bay gas fire insert, Regency v41 gas insert. It is in need of cleaning. I have the original manual however it fails to cover how to remove glass for cleaning. Any thoughts? Thanks,

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I have never cleaned myself, always a service call. last cal about two years ago. I have had this unit since 2003, it has been cleaned about 4 times.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

I do plan on cleaning entire unit, plus I want to replace the switch.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. I have watch them clean this unit in the past, the blower has been replaced once. I would not replace anything but should be able to vacuum and clean.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not at this time, but would like to clean the glass and replace the switch.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
9/19/2017
HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 year ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

I was not able to locate information to remove the glass door on your Mandalay Bay unit, however these instructors may be similar to help you. See page 10

http://enviro.com/custom_content/docs/manuals/C-10791%20Instruction%20DV36%20Owners%20Manual.pdf

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

From the information you’ve provided, I will try to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question. All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way to communicate, since either of us may have additional information or questions, that may be necessary in resolving the problem your experiencing, and uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice and recommendations. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that I may not be able to resolve this problem, especially if it becomes necessary for a qualified service provider to be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, or troubleshooting.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 11 months ago

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks,

Dave