HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Carrier TP-PRH01-A programmable thermostat but it…

I have a Carrier...

I have a Carrier TP-PRH01-A programmable thermostat but it is not WiFi capable. I would like to replace it with a Honeywell WiFi programmable thermostat. Can you tell me which model(s) you would recommend?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I have no problems with either the HVAC or the Carrier Thermostat. I would like to replace the non-wifi thermostat with a wifi thermostat.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to but want to make sure I get the wiring correct. I have a photo of the current wiring to the carrier thermostat but the wiring lettering for the honeywell thermostats are different.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I know of. Any additional info you need from me to make a product recommendation?

Answered in 1 hour by:
9/19/2017
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here. Honeywell WiFi 9000 is a very good replacement. Also Honeywell Lyrics T6 is a good one. I recommend the 9000. Customer frisky right out of box and easy install. Russ

Sorry customer friendly out of box. Russ

gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician