HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My unit is a multi stage. The downstairs is cooling fine but…

Customer Question
My unit is a multi...
My unit is a multi stage. The downstairs is cooling fine but it seems to run for upstairs but nothing blowing out
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/19/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 11 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, the zone damper for the upstairs is most likely defective, or the zone control panel is not sending power to open the damper.

.

We can go from there without any time limits, if you have the skills and want to do the work yourself, read my piece below and supply the needed information and photo' we can go from there.

.

We can go from there without a time limit after you rate this answer:

Select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.

.

Tell me a little about your technical background and instruments on hand so that I can coach you most effectively. We can go from here.