HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a AC unit and the blower motor just continues to run.

hi i have a bryant...
hi i have a bryant AC unit and the blower motor just continues to run. It will not shut off
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: the filters were replaced and the thermostat is set to the off position. When you set the stat to fan you hear the fan relay click in and run faster.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible. Do you think it could be the circuit board timer gone faulty?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that i know of. Just wondered if the circuit board HH84AA had this problem?
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/18/2017
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

My name is Billy. Your HH84AA...does it have black plastic relay covers or clear plastic cubes on the board?

clear plastic relays

reason I ask....The board with clear plastic covers has a significant failure rate of the blower running nonstop. Sometimes tapping the cube will shut it off...but they always stick again.

Your issue is the board,,,change board and you will see they have upgraded the relays.

Billy

Many thanks Thats what I thought. Do you know the new part number to replace this board? Is it the ICM271?

there are several aftermarket vendors like ICM271....or you can go OEM HH84AA011

But yes the ICM is a direct change out.

Billy

BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
BillyHvac
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech