Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a small jotul stove and the cast metal piece on the

I have a small jotul wood stove and the cast metal piece on the inside has cracked and does not fit...what happened?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: had the stove for 5 years or so and I think just now I've noticed the problem
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes...is there a replacement option....
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have ground down the cast piece so that it will fit, but it is cracked so I would like to know where to possibly order a part...I'm in Port Alberni, BC, Canada

Hello, take a photo of it then call their parts representative and email them the photo... they will sell you one if they have it. CLICK HERE PLEASE

if not most weld shops can make the part for you out of steel plate.

You can also attach the photo here using the 'add files' link next to your send button, but a quarter dollar in the photo so I can assess the complexity.

.

We can go from there without a time limit after you rate this answer:

Select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

.

Tell me a little about your technical background and instruments on hand so that I can coach you most effectively. We can go from here.

.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

.

.

.

.

.

.

Phone call offers:

.