HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My thermostat says "no signal". I can't find a book that…

Customer Question
My thermostat says "no...

My thermostat says "no signal". I can't find a book that came with it to trouble shoot.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I am starting with the thermostat. We haven't had a problem with the HVAC.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

To try to "reset" the thermostat, yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can't find a number on the thermostat unit, but it has 3 buttons on the bottom part of the front along with the up and down buttons on the side of the front.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/18/2017
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 11 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I am Gaztech1, a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE after we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

You can attach a picture using the attachment paperclip just above.

Also if you pull the front cover off, you should see a model number

Sorry, diner time, will let another tech help you out

HVAC Technician: Regan Land, HVAC Technician replied 11 months ago
Regan Land
Regan Land, HVAC Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you. Do you feel comfortable pulling the face of the thermostat off the wall? The model # will be on a tag on the back of the face. To release, grab the face of the thermostat and pull the bottom out until the clips release then pull the top.

I'll find assistance elsewhere. Thanks.

Okay - I see that you requested a phone call while I was replying. Did you want a call or no?

If you decide you would like help let me know and I'll gladly continue. It's possible that you don't have power from the unit going to the thermostat. A quick test to know this is to remove the batteries and see if the thermostat lights up without them. If not, we may have a bigger issue that I would be glad to walk you through.