HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a mach air and it will not work the fan does and my…

I have a coleman...

I have a coleman mach air and it will not work the fan does and my heat wont come on its on a camper 1999

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes I did and fuses

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don't no yet

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No just some help

9/18/2017
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE after we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

Are you saying the fan does work?

the fan works no air or heat

It is probably due to the compressor not starting due to a bad capacitor., unit needs to be taken appart to confirm that. with a volt meter, or simply putting your hand on it to see if it is running

it wouldn't be the theroshat

Most times it isnt, but possible.

ok so if you turn system to off, even fan to off, then set to cool or heat does the fan start running by itself?

no it does nothing

so fan will only run if you turn it on.

to fan

Then in that case it could be electronic main control board in unit, it will need to be diagnosed by technician in this case.

Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
ok thank you for your time

bEST REGARDS