HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a gmpn080-4 and it has been starting randomly but the…

Customer Question
I have a gmpn080-4...

I have a gmpn080-4 and it has been starting randomly but the thermostat is not calling for heat.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

All are ok.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not at this time

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/18/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 11 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You could have a bad thermostat or a short in the thermostat wire between the stat and the unit. Disconect the thermostat wire from the R & W terminals on the furnace thermostat terminal strip and see if the problem persists.

do you have more questions?

the warm air circulating fan is what is coming on.

If it's just the blower then disconect R & G wires at the furnace

How do i repair this?
Is it the circuit board?

You first have to diagnose the problem. You do that by following my instructions.

the circulating fan still comes on at random times.

If you disconnected the R & G leads at the furnace and the system is in heat mode and the blower comes on randomly you could have a bad board. Are you getting a flash sequence on the board LED?