HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

48TJEOO8---521HEAT EXCHANG COST, JUST FOUND OUT, NO, WORKS…

Customer Question
48TJEOO8---521HEAT EXCHANG COST Contractor's...

48TJEOO8---521HEAT EXCHANG COST

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

JUST FOUND OUT

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

NO

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

WORKS PERFECT AFRAID IT DANGEROUS

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/18/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 1 year ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, heat exchanger for that furnace costs $600 to $900...price depends on where you buy it and what the shipping charges are. plus labor, which is extensive, not advisable for older furnaces since you can buy a new furnace with a 10 or 20 year limited warranty for about the same money.

.

You need a CO (carbon monoxide detector in the home) and a flue gas analysis to determine if its dangerous or not.,

.

The older it is, the more likely it is to be dangerous.

.

We can go from there without a time limit after you rate this answer:

Select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.

.

Tell me a little about your technical background and instruments on hand so that I can coach you most effectively. We can go from here.

HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 12 months ago

Hello again, I got notice that you responded but no text showed up, can you repost, we can go from there