HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Lenox x4147 thermostat and want to know if your 7…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a Lenox x4147 thermostat and want to know if your 7 day programable thermostat has the same mount (which would keep me from having to change wires) Display looks identical. Been checking the internet and can't get a schematic that shows if this is a possibility.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I have zones and took one of the thermostats from a different area and plugged it in and it works. Good question as I thought the same, but it seems to be a thermostat issue. The backlit display went out about 2 weeks ago, so i am guessing it is faulty.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can send you a picture of the mount/wiring. Seems like I can go with any of your thermostats, but i was hoping to just plug and replace...

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/18/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 11 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

If you do not buy the identical Lennox x4127 thermostat, you need to replace it with a thermostat rated for your type of system, heat pump or conventional system that comes with its own wall mounted sub base... that is not a difficult replacement.

There is often nuanced changes that prevent the mixing of thermostat brands with the same sub base

Does your existing thermostat have a battery in it, if so, change it, if not, and the display is dead then the thermostat indeed is most likely failed.

.We can go from here without a time limit