HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Need quote on furnace HVAC 98%effeciency, homeowner, yes,

Customer Question
Need quote on furnace...

Need quote on furnace HVAC 98%effeciency

Contractor's Assistant: Are you an HVAC professional?

Homeowner

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/18/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 11 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, we are not HVAC contractors, the only quotes that will have any value are those from your local HVAC contractors... some do good work at reasonable prices, others do not,

.

If you tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city I will locate one or two well rated outfits that you can call, they will send out a person to quote you on the work.

----------

Regarding 96 to 98% efficient furnaces, aside from costing 3 times as much as other options, they cost many times more to keep in repairs since they are so complex.... if you are in an arctic environment with a qualified dealer nearby those are a good choice.

If you are in a more remote location or a milder climate those are not the best choice in my view (I have been in the business for 56 years so far).

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.

.

Tell me a little about your technical background and instruments on hand so that I can coach you most effectively. We can go from here.