HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I Have a Payne airhandler that needs a variable speed motor…

Customer Question
I Have a Payne...

I Have a Payne airhandler that needs a variable speed motor the unit model # is pf1mnc043, I think the internal cap need replacing what is the motor model #?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

All good, Unit will go on sometimes, All connections have been redone through out unit electronics seem to work ok

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What is the oem # for the motor,

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
thermostat appears to be ok I took out the battery and pluged back in and it was getting 24 volts from the unit, unit starts on command, meaning the compressor starts, some times the air handler will start most times no , bad cap?
9/18/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 11 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, call these people on the phone, give them the data you have http://www.shortyshvac.com

They only need the furnace/ air handler model number to sell you a new electronic end bell for that motor.

.

We can go from there without a time limit after you rate this answer:

Select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.

.

Tell me a little about your technical background and instruments on hand so that I can coach you most effectively. We can go from here.

sounds like a rip off, I just need the motor model #
never mind, I'll pull the motor and get it off of the data plate

I do not appreciate the insult. it is unwarranted. You are correct the model number of the motor is on the motor name plate, but you still need to call shortys so that they can program the new part to match the specifications of the furnace manufacturer.

Read my extensive on line resume, then notice that the site has over 11,000 experts employed, including doctors and lawyers.... still sound like a rip off? all of our credentials are verified by an independent rating agency, those details posted as well.